Why are they mailing interims for sophomores and Juniors? Letting parents see inaccurate grades is never a good thing.

Yeah, my dad got the mail yesterday before I had a chance to. It says I have an F in AP US History. If you know Mrs. Masty, you know that she never updates her grades on time. I tried to tell him that but this was basically his response:

"You can say whatever you want. It won't work. You destroyed yourself and I'm not about to let you destroy my other kids."

Yeah, I'm destroying them. If I recall correctly, I wasn't allowed to get B's in elementary school because they were considered "failing." If I got anything wrong on a math test, my dad would spend hours yelling at me about how stupid I was for not knowing any math. Now, my brother who's in fifth grade never got an A in his entire academic career (I got straight A's in elementary school) and consistently gets C's in math, but he gets nothing but praise for being smart and doing well in school. Worst of all is that I help him with homework. Who helped ME with homework? NO ONE! I HAD TO LEARN EVERYTHING BY MYSELF AND I STILL DID REALLY WELL!

I was thinking about getting an updated grade sheet from Mrs. Masty but there's no point. This happens every time my parents get ahold of my interim. Everyone knows that interim grades are never accurate anyway, but parents are stupid. Because parents are stupid, they assume that whatever shows up on a grade sheet indicates how smart you are or how hard you work.

My parents are ready to disown me and I don't care. This nonsense happened before and it will happen again. Every time, most of the letters on my interim go either up or down on my report card, but they're always better grades than the interim would suggest.

I can't take it anymore. They're ready to disown me and I'm ready to leave. I only have to deal with them for another year and a half and then I'll have my diploma. After that, I'll be free.